Each team at the WFDF 2013 World Under-23 Ultimate Championship will be responsible for having three (3) representatives:
Team Manager: This person is responsible for all the non-playing administrative interests of the team throughout the event. The responsibilities of the Team Manager shall include, but is not limited to:
- Register the team and players for the tournament
- Be the main communication point for the WU23UC organization committee prior to and after the event
- Ensure that all team and player fees are paid on time
- Ensure that all of the team’s organizational aspects are taken care of (liaise with TOC about flight times, to arrange accommodations and airport shuttles)
- Ensure all players have submitted signed WFDF and Event waivers
Team Coach: This person is responsible for the team during the event (both on and off the field). The team coach will be present with the team for the duration of the event and should not be a participant (can be the same person or split the responsibilities with the team manager). Team coach’s responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Will be the main team contact during the event
- Manage any on-field or off-field disputes that may arise
- Attend the Coach’s Meeting
- Ensure that all players follow the responsibilities and code of conduct set out by the event organizers.
- Ensure the player’s safety during all off field activities
- Enforce Legal Drinking Age amongst players who are under the age of 19
- Maintaining a list of important local contacts in case of an emergency
Team Captain: This person(s) must be a player on the team’s roster. The team captain will be the on-field representative whose responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Team’s on-field liaison for game officials and score keepers
- Team Spirit of the Game (SOTG) ambassador
- Get teammates agreement on opponents SOTG score to be submitted at the end of the game.
- Submit spirit score and sign off on the score sheet
- Liaise with the WU23UC Spirit director if any team’s spirit issues arises
- Communicate with other Team Captains as needed
It would be best that all representatives speak English whenever possible.